Due to the pandemic, a lot of our readers have started to work from home. Some of them are even looking to create a side hustle to complement their revenues. They are wondering how they can make extra money from home. This is not surprising.
Personally I’ve realized that my 9 to 5 job was not enough when my wife got sick and we had to find another source of income to pay for the mortgage.
In this article I’ve limited myself to share 5 ways that will help you create a substantial amount of money from the comfort of your living room. These methods do work. But you have to enjoy the ride and put consistent effort in your business. Remember your ‘why’ and visualize your end goal whenever you hit a roadblock.
Before we jump right in, let me remind you that…
Work From Home Providing Your Own Services
If you want to start a business from home, one of the easiest ways is to provide a service that other businesses can use. You have skills and experience that you can offer to other businesses who need it. Every company is looking for ways to do things faster, more efficiently, and with less cost. If you can help them do that, you’ll have a lucrative career you can do from the comfort of your own home.
So, what services can you offer?
There are many tasks businesses are looking to outsource.
- Content Creation. Businesses need a great deal of content to engage their audiences. You can create their website content, blog posts, social media posts, videos, courses, infographics, and other materials.
- Web Design. If you have a flair for the artistic, you can design websites, logos, products, and whatever else businesses need.
- Virtual Assistant. Virtual assistants help businesses with a variety of tasks that can be done remotely. These include scheduling, answering emails, data management, and other administrative tasks.
- Customer Support. Companies often hire people to handle calls and emails from customers.
- Programming. If you’re handy with code, you can meet the increasing demands of businesses that are customizing their website or creating their own apps. You can also offer services like database management or other IT-related tasks.
- Data Entry. One popular service to provide is data entry tasks such as entering data, scanning documents, and order processing.
- SEO Expertise. If you have some experience with SEO or online marketing, you can lend this to businesses that need help.
By now I’m sure you’re aware of the importance of video marketing Video marketing is a modern promotion tool and there’s no other type of marketing on the planet that gets a better ROI than video.
Thanks to Promo you can get a piece of that huuuge market.
Here is my favorite simple 5-step plan to make a living or at least supplement your income with videos you can make in minutes.
1. Join Fiverr, Freelancer, and Upwork.
2. Render a good number of customized videos from the 2,500 video templates you get with Promo to have a big number of portfolio videos.
3. Upload those videos to your YouTube channel.
4. Update your profile on websites from point 1 to include your animated videos in portfolio.
5. On Fiverr make a gig offer with good description and videos as examples. On Freelancer and Upwork bid on relevant projects.
If you are just starting out, I suggest to offer a better deal than your competitors to get orders and build up reviews. Now you are in business and you look like a professional video creator.
Businesses, marketers, and entrepreneurs, all could pay $400 for the same type of videos which you can make with Promo in just minutes. Promo commercial license allows you to cash on the fact that most entrepreneurs and business owners do not have time, skill, or patience to create full marketing & ad videos themselves, and instead they hire freelancers and pay for their service.
It means, that with Promo in your toolbox, you could get $400 for minutes of work over and over again. Since every business now needs promo, ad, and sales videos the market is enormous.
Create Your Own Digital Products
In recent years, information products have grown in popularity and people are willing to pay a great deal for products with high value. What gives the product value is the expertise that you offer through it. The information in the product helps your buyer solve the problems they’re facing.
Creating your own digital product quite simple, but so many people don’t do it. Do you want to know why that is? It’s because they think it’s hard, when it’s not.
Granted, it’s going to take work, and most people are too lazy to do the work. They want everything done for them, and this is what some marketers prey on, the easy button everyone is looking for.
If you feel like you want to teach people and share your valuable knowledge, you can create eBooks and online courses. One way is to publish your video courses on Udemy for instance.
But you can also take advantage of other digital marketplaces such as ClickBank, JVZoo or Warrior+.
I’ve just talked to a vendor on Warrior+ who started selling digital products 19 months ago.
He sent me a screenshot of his sales.
Are you ready?
Here it is:
Yep, the total sales he made so far amounts roughly to $200K. 💰
$140K as a vendor and $60K as an affiliate. Roughly 50% of the sales he made as a vendor comes from affiliates.
The best part?
He started his online business in 2019. Actually I watched him selling products online all year long during 2020 despite the pandemic. As soon as his new product was ready he posted it on Facebook and other social media.
He also motivates affiliates promote his own products by creating challenges with pricy gifts.
I can’t tell you how he creates products consistently. He is highly committed, highly motivated, and a little bit creative.
You can do the same.
Master Affiliate Marketing
Ok, I get it. You’re not into selling your own services or creating your own digital products.
Again, you have to enjoy what you do and do it well.
Affiliate marketing is an online business model where you sign up to sell the products of a merchant for a commission.
Your role is to sell their products through your content such as blogs or videos. This is a viable option for you if you understand how to drive traffic and build an audience through content.
However when you first start affiliate marketing, building an audience can be your greatest challenge. If you already have an email list from an existing business or blog, and it is closely related to your affiliate marketing niche, you are ahead of the game. Don’t let that email list go to waste! Create an affiliate marketing campaign to promote your recommendations with affiliate links.
If you need some help building you email list, I recommend you watch this presentation.
There are multiple benefits of an email marketing campaign.
1. Communicate directly with people who have already expressed an interest in your niche and content and have willingly provided you with their email address.
2. Diversify your communications channels. For example, if you rely 100% on social media, you have to worry about algorithm changes, paid ad campaigns, and showing up in your followers’ feed.
3. Segment your audience and create targeted campaigns based on the free content they signed up for.
Now, you may need to consider the other tips below to increase your affiliate income.
Launch Your Money-Making Blog
Blogging is another way to create a new source of income. However, from day one, you have to consider your blog as business not a hobby. That’s the common mistakes people do online. I’ve been there, I’ve done that. That’s why when creating a new blog you have to think of how you will be able to monetize it.
Let me emphasize this point again: from day one!
The truth is, if you want to make money blogging today, you have to start thinking like a startup and developing systems to scale your blog like a business, not a hobby.
Think about it. Would a CEO like Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk spend their time sitting at a computer writing about their business all day? I don’t know, probably not.
They’d be out building partnerships, creating systems, and pulling levers to maximize revenue for their businesses.
With SaaS growth hacking strategies you can do this too.
And you don’t have to be a flying-around-on-helicopters-shaking-hands-with-foreign-emissaries-smoking-weed-with-Joe-Rogan-Elon-Musk-level CEO, but when you start thinking like a business owner and not just a writer from the beginning, you’re more likely to succeed.
The #1 resource I recommend when it comes to creating a money-making blog is Adam Enfroy’s website: www.adamenfroy.com.
Actually I encourage you to join his mailing list (I’m not paid for this advertisement!).
Because once you join, you will receive over the next 7 days, the most important things you need to know about blogging. Adam created his blog to help people hit $10,000/month within 90 days of launching their own blog.
This includes three main areas:
1. Launching your blog
2. Scaling your blog
3. Monetizing your blog
He will set you up for success, and for free.
Partner With Experts To Earn Big
If you’re wondering what are the keys to running a successful online business, I’ll share them with you really quickly here:
1. You want to have a good product or service, the better received it is by your market the better you’ll do.
2. The platform you use to reach your audience should be one that is easily accessible, think Amazon, they do this very well.
3. You want a starving audience, not literally, but hungry enough that they are ready to devour what it is that you are offering them. Sounds pretty simple, right? It is, especially once you know how to piece this all together.
If you visit Udemy.com, you will find dozens of courses that sell for a very cheap price. These courses sell very well, just check out the number of students. The idea of partnering with experts is to find course creators who have great products but poor prices and use this to your advantage. On Udemy you can easily find them. All you have to do next is some little networking.
So if you’re just looking for a new and hot way to generate income from home, make sure to register for the workshop below.
Your Next Steps
If you’re looking for a way to get started, try one of the above options to build your business. Once you have a steady stream of income, invest in growing and expanding your work from business. All it takes is the willingness to do the work and a desire to succeed.
Also, make sure you register for the free training events I’ve listed above. The idea here is to help you find a business model that suits your lifestyle. For instance, I did not mention creating a YouTube channel. This could be another way to create a work from home business. But I don’t see myself doing it. Maybe you do.
These workshops will give you an overview of what other people currently do to generate extra money every day.
If you have any questions, let me know. I’d be happy to help you through your entrepreneurial journey.
Here’s to your success!
Share the ❤️on Pinterest. Just 📌 this picture on your favorite boards.